- May 22, 2012
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Lead Generation, Marketing and Sales, Social Media, Twitter
Twitter is a great tool when it comes to promoting your business online. If you don’t have a marketing strategy yet or want to improve the existing one, here’s what you can do if you want to be successful with Twitter:
1. Promote your company online:
– Increase your company’s visibility, allowing it to reach a much bigger audience.
– Find targeted customers and engage with them using personalized direct messages (no spamming). Make sure to check out their profiles before sending them a DM. Target the potential customers by location, age, sex, education, interests, etc.
– Post information about your company’s products.
– Broadcast your company’s latest news.
– Create conversations about your company using contests, surveys, discounts, etc.
– Get a better position in the search engine results pages (SERPs) using your Twitter account.
– Brand your company as the place to go to for the type of products or services that you are selling.
2. Care about your customers:
– Respond to your customers at an individual level, thus encouraging them to get involved.
– Build trust.
– Educate your customers using videos, images, etc.
– Offer public relations.
– Build loyalty; reward the loyal customers and the enthusiasts.
– Find out what your customers’ needs are and take care of them.
– Monitor and respond to customer service issues.
3. Help your company grow:
– Find influential people that can help your company grow.
– Find suppliers, connect with potential partners.
– Identify new market opportunities, develop new products.
4. Let the others know that your company is driven by human beings:
– Help other people.
– Cultivate relationships.
– Provide accurate information about your company.
– Post interesting pictures on Flickr and tweet links to them.
– Promote stories about your company’s employees, decisions, etc.
5. Offer value:
– Provide exclusive information about special events.
– Answer other people’s questions.
– Share 3rd party cool stuff (links, pictures, blog posts, etc).
– Give away precious information.
– Comment on other people’s tweets and retweet them if they are useful.
– Promote hot deals.
– Create online / offline meeting experiences.
6. Get value:
– Stay up-to-date with the industry news.
– Do market research.
– Collaborate with other companies.
– Follow keywords to improve your products and services.
– Learn about your competitors and the feedback they’re getting.
– Seek out interesting followers and get involved in their conversations.
– Learn about other people / companies you work with or might work with in the future.
– Get feedback.
7. Protect your company:
– Monitor, manage and protect your reputation online.
– Solve the problems with unhappy customers quickly.
– Listen to your customers by monitoring keywords, brands and products.